Why You Should Read This Policy
Who We Are
Fertility Retreats Ltd – www.fertilityretreats.co.uk (“We”) is committed in respecting and protecting your privacy. We are a company that is incorporated and registered in England and Wales under Company Number 12865984 whose registered office address is at 65 Heatherburn Court, Woodham, Newton Aycliffe, County Durham DL5 4UZ.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we comply with the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU)2016/679) (‘GDPR’) and the Data Protection Act 2018. We are responsible as a ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
By visiting www.fertilityretreats.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Our Collection and Personal Use of your Information
We will collect personal information you provide to us when you contact us and send personal information via www.fertilityretreats.co.uk, via e-mail, over the telephone, subscribe to our services, search for a product relating to ‘fertility’ or ‘retreat’, enter a competition, promotion or survey, when you report a problem with our website, and when you book to attend a Fertility Retreat.
The personal information we collect about you depends on the particular reason for processing and will included, but is not limited to:
- Your full name
- Your date of birth
- Your address
- Your home telephone number
- Your mobile number
- Your e-mail address
- Bank account details
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, by doing so, you are confirming the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf, and has agreed that you can:
- Give consent on their behalf to the processing of their data
- Receive on their behalf any data protection notices
- Give consent to the transfer of their data
Special Category Personal Data
We may also collect, store or process data that is labelled as a special category personal data under the GDPR. In relation to the special category data we collect, such information includes, but is not limited to:
- Sexual orientation
- Information about your health, including physical, mental health and diet
Information That Is Collected Automatically
Technical information collected, but is not limited to includes the following:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet
- Your log in information
- Browser type, version and browser plug-in
- Zone setting
- Information about your visit including full Uniform Resource Locators (URL)
- Products you viewed or searched for
- Page response times
- Length of visits to certain pages, page interaction (such as scrolling)
- Any phone number used to call Fertility Retreats
How Your Personal Data Will Be Used
Under data protection law, we can only use your personal information if we have a proper reason for doing as follows:
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- To provide you with the information, products and services that you have requested from us
- For the performance of our contract with you
- For legitimate interests of those of a third party
- Where you have given consent
- To notify you about changes to our products and services
- To prevent and detect fraud against you or Fertility Retreats
- Ensuring business policies are adhered to, e.g. policies covering security and internet use
- Operational reasons such as improving efficiency, training and quality control
- Ensuring the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Statistical analysis to help us to manage our business, e.g. financial performance and customer efficiency measures
- Preventing unauthorised access and modifications to our systems and platform
- Updating Client personal information records
- Internal audits and quality checks
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations, emails and any messages sent via the Website or service platform) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
A legitimate interest is where we have a business or commercial reason to use your information so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests.
Information we receive from other sources.
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above.
Disclosure of Your Information
You agree that we may disclose your information to third parties including, but is not limited to:
- Third parties we use to help deliver our services to you, e.g. a hotel venue, and other health / wellbeing providers / organisations.
- Anyone that you ask us to communicate with, or provide as an emergency contact, for example your next of kin, legal guardian, or a care provider
- Other third parties that you ask us to provide information to, e.g. a hotel venue, a fertility clinic, a Fertility / IVF Doctor, alternative holistic fertility / wellbeing, or fitness specialists that we are not affiliated with
- Other third parties we use to help us run our business, e.g. website hosts, payment providers such as Stripe, Starling Bank and HubSpot our digital CRM System.
- Any member of Fertility Retreats Ltd
- Business partners for the performance of any contract we enter into you with
- Condition of us entering into a contract with you
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions to protect the rights, property, safety of Fertility Retreats, and our clients. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purpose of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We only allow our service providers to handle your personal information if we are satisfied, they take appropriate measures to protect your personal information. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to ensure they can only use your personal information to provide services to us and to you.
We may also need to share some personal information with other parties, such as potential buyers of some or all of our business or during a re-structuring. Usually, information will be anonymised, but this may not always be possible. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations.
When providing your personal information onto the hotel venue, we will always ask for your consent to share this information before doing so.
Please be aware that the hotel venue and/or health professionals we provide your personal information to may be required to provide this information to their regulators and other third parties. You should ensure that you are familiar with their privacy notices.
Links to External Websites
This website contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are moving to another website. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these linked websites as their privacy policies may differ from ours.
Transfer of your information out of the European Economic Area (EEA)
To deliver our services to you, it is sometimes necessary for us to store and process your personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
The personal information you give to us will be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
This includes staff engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
These transfers are subject to special rules under European and UK data protection law.
We will only transfer data to the extent that it is relevant and necessary, and to the extent that there are sufficient safeguards in place.
Non-EEA countries do not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. We will, however, ensure the transfer complies with data protection law and all personal information will be secure.
For example, for servers located in the US, we would look for compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, which offers compliance with EU data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union to the United States.
You can find more information about Privacy Shield at https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome. You can also check specific companies’ certification at https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant_search.
We may use your personal information to send you updates by email about our services, including exclusive offers, promotions, surveys, competitions, or new services.
We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information for promotional purposes. This means we do not usually need your consent to send you promotional communications. However, where consent is needed, we will ask for this consent separately and clearly.
We will always treat your personal information with the utmost respect and never share it with other organisations for their own marketing purposes.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may ask you to confirm or update your marketing preferences if you instruct us to provide further services in the future, or if there are changes in the law, regulation, or the structure of our business.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), you have the following rights:
- You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- You have the right of accessto your personal records or other information that we hold about you.
- We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for our administrative costs involved with providing you with access if we receive a request which is manifestly unfounded or excessive to access personal records. We may also charge a reasonable fee, in relation to administrative costs, if further copies of your data is requested following your initial request.
- You have the right to rectify any errorsin the data we hold about you. If any data or information we hold about you is inaccurate, or out of date, please contact us and we will correct this immediately.
- You may have the right to have the data we hold about you erased.
- You have the right to restrict processing.
- You have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You may also specify that you object to direct marketing by particular channels such as by email or telephone. If this is the case, please specify the channels you are objecting to in your communications with us.
- You have the right to data portability. If you wish to obtain your data for your own purposes across different services, we will provide this information to you in an electronic format such as a PDF file, CSV file or via other electronic means. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for the administrative costs of complying with any requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive.
- You have the right not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling.
You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the Contact Us Form we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How Long We Will Store Your Data
We will keep your personal information while we are providing services to you. Thereafter, we will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary:
- to respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf
- to show that we treated you fairly
- to keep records required by law.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of personal information.
When your personal information is no longer necessary to retain your personal information, we will delete or anonymise it.
Access To Information
You have the right to access information held about you which can be exercised at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it.
Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also confirm that your data will be stored on secure servers.
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer (or other electronic devices) when you access
How to Turn off Cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted.
If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of the Website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
This privacy notice was last updated on 1 April 2021.
You should check this policy frequently to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you use the website.
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice, or the information we hold about you. Questions are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com.
Concerns and Questions
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at www.ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.